Use Case 1 – Distribution Logistics
Our Turkish pilot gives the first steps in upgrading the truck fleet in Istanbul from a diesel-based powertrain to an electric powertrain.
Ford Otosan deploys a fully operational demonstrator truck on-road with internal facilities, driving for six months on urban and intercity roads.
This pilot will address:
- Zero emissions in the urban and intercity area with the same service and performance as the current vehicles equipped with internal combustion engines
- Equal or improved functionality than conventional vehicles regarding acceleration, braking, automatic control and electronic regulation
- Intelligent thermal management reducing load and energy usage for climate control and battery cooling
- Reduction of noise and emissions in cities
- DC charging
- Tailored eco-routing strategies.
- Improved efficiency at the fleet level, with cloud-based, closed-loop vehicle communication that enables real-time mission, vehicle load and charge planning.
|10% improvement in overall efficiency|
|Demonstrate at least 200 km average daily operation in real conditions (between Eskisehir and Golcuk plants: 198 km) over at least 6 months|
|Synergies with shorter range/lower payloads urban and suburban applications in the municipal waste collection or construction activities|
|Development of lightweight chassis and integration of electric powertrain components|